Demystifying VC Valuation, Term Sheets & Cap Tables
Understand the analysis that’s done and the jargon used by venture capital professionals in early-stage investing in this recording of a training delivered by Wall Street Prep to Venture Capital professionals. While no prior experience is required, this venture capital course moves at a very fast pace.
Understand Venture Capital Valuation, Term Sheets and Cap Tables
What You'll Learn
- The early-stage investing landscape
- A typical VC deal process and timeline
- VC return economics – why they need to hit home runs
- VC Valuation – back-solving into a pre-money / post-money valuation
- Understanding VC term sheets
- Cap Table Math: Dilution and price per share after new round
- Calculating Impact of Option Pool
- Calculating Impact of Multiple Investors
- Calculating impact of Convertible Debt
- Constructing a Cap Table
- Flow of Funds and Distribution Waterfall
Taught by bankers
Our instructors are former investment bankers who give lessons real-world context by connecting it to their experience on the desk.
Used on the Street
This is the same comprehensive course our corporate clients use to prepare their analysts and associates.
Breeze though lesson videos at 1.5x & 2x speed
Save loads of time by bumping up playback speed to breeze through lessons at your own pace.
Free Unlimited Access to the WSP Support Center
Receive answers to questions, free downloads, and more from our staff of experienced investment bankers
This course does not assume a prior background in VC term sheets or cap tables. However, this course is taught at a fast pace and those who enroll should have an introductory knowledge of accounting (e.g. interaction of balance sheet, cash flow, and income statement) and proficiency in Excel. Students with no prior background in Accounting should enroll in the Accounting Crash Course. Students with limited experience using Excel should enroll in the Excel Crash Course.
Earn CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.