Analyzing Financial Reports
Add to Cart$39
You don't have access to this course, but you can purchase it below.
Analyzing Financial Reports
Filled with exercises and tips on how to read financial filings with efficiency, this course demystifies the most commonly used financial statements/reports in an easy-to-follow step-by-step process.
$39Add to Cart
Learn the 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-4 & S-1
- Investment professionals live and breathe these seemingly daunting documents, and the more documents you see, the more manageable they begin to feel.
- Using real reports, we will review the structure and composition of some of the most commonly used financial filings, and will specifically pay attention to sections and disclosures that are most relevant for typical financial analyses.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the layout and composition of financial reports such as the 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-4, S-1, and many others.
- Read and understand financial footnotes.
- Filled with exercises that test and reinforce covered concepts.
- Learn to recognize patterns in the structure of the various financial reports to improve efficiency on the job.
- Taught using clear, easy-to-follow materials that bridge academic concepts with how they are presented in financial reports.
Wall Street Prep’s Analyzing Financial Reports course is used at top financial institutions and business schools.
Financial Statements, Part 1
Important Footnotes: Tax, EPS & Restructuring
Chapter 1: Overview
1. Welcome to Reading & Analyzing Financial Reports 0:41
2. Course Downloads Files
3. Introduction to Financial Filings 9:23
Chapter 2: Introduction to the 10-K
4. The Annual Filing: 10-K Structure Overview 4:21
5. Annual Report vs. The 10-K 1:32
6. Introduction to the 10K Review Quiz
Chapter 3: Red Meat – Critical Disclosures in the Annual Filing
7. Business Overview & Risk Factors 6:26
8. Selecting Financial Data & Management Discussion & Analysis 11:21
9. The Financial Statements, Part 1 6:55
10. The Financial Statements, Part 2 18:02
11. Important Footnotes: Accounting Policies & Expense Breakouts 9:45
12. Important Footnotes: Taxes, EPS & Restructuring 10:38
13. Important Footnotes: Discontinued Ops, PP&E, Intangibles & Other 11:38
14. Important Footnotes: Debt, Equity, Stock Options & Converts 14:24
15. Important Footnotes: Leases 6:17
16. Critical Disclosures in the Annual Filing Review Quiz
Chapter 4: Other Important Filings
17. The Quarterly Filing (10-Q) 9:24
18. 8-K 6:34
19. S-1 5:47
20. S-3 & S-4 5:24
21. Proxy & 20-F 6:15
22. The End 0:22
23. Other Important Filings Review Quiz
Earn CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
Wall Street Prep is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.