Demystify ESG Investing, Green Bonds and Social Bonds
- Understand why investors are investing in ESG
The last decade has seen exponential growth in ESG investing worldwide. We'll explore the demand drivers behind this growth, and the outcomes they are seeking to achieve, and how we measure them..
- Demystify Green Bonds and Social Bonds
Green Bonds and Social Bonds allowed ESG Investing to transform from niche to mainstream. Taught by a pioneering Green Bond and Social Bond Banker, we'll explore exactly how this transformation happened, and how the market formalized the structure and conventions for Green Bonds and Social Bonds.
- Pricing a Green Bond
We'll analyze a recent Green Bond transaction and dive into the valuation framework of a Green Bond. US and European Investors have differentiated views on valuation and we'll discuss current market dynamics.
What You'll Learn
- Understanding the demand dynamics of ESG Investors and Funds
- Demystifying ESG Rating and Scoring
- Discussion on key focuses, including reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Degree Pathways and an overview of the Paris Accord
- What is a Green Bond, who issuers them and who invests in them
- Recognize the adoption challenges of early Green Bonds
- Analyze the First Syndicated Green Bond
- Discover the growth of the Green Bond Market
- Decode structure characteristics including Green Bond Use of Proceeds (Ring-Fenced, Tracked, Best Efforts)
- What makes a green bond green? Green Bond Principles, Second Party Opinion, ESG Vendors
- Evaluate a case study and pricing of a recently issued Green Bond
- US Investor (ERISA) vs. EU Investor Pricing Dynamics
- Recent Developments: Central banks as Green Investors (ECB / BOJ)
- Understand the similarities and differences between Green and Social Bonds
- Challenges to Measure Social Impact vs. Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Who is this program for?
- Sustainable Finance professionals at investment banks
- ESG Investment professionals at asset managers, pension funds and insurers
- Debt Capital Market professionals
- Finance and Treasury professionals
- Students looking to break into the sustainable finance industry
Earn CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.